Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011


While we were dating in college, Tony made me a beautiful wooden clock. Beside the fact that it was handmade ~ for me, by him ~ what melted my heart was the poem he decoupaged on the face of the clock.

It was then I knew I had found a safe place to love and be loved. The words of that poem are just as meaningful on this Valentine's Day as they were some 40 years ago ~
A friend is one to whom
you can pour out the contents of your heart ~
chaff and grain alike.
Knowing that the gentlest of hands
will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping,
and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
So today, I celebrate love ~
~ A love that embraces and forgives.
~ A love that sacrifices for the highest good of the one loved.
~ A love that knows the past and chooses to stay around to redeem the future.
Happy Valentine's Day to all who know this transforming love!

1 comment:

Tamara B said...

what a stud-muffin that Tony is!