Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to You, Tony!

Happy Birthday to my . . .
  • best friend
  • counselor
  • companion
  • supporter
  • husband and love of my life, Tony Redfern!


First of all, I need to know, how did you get to be 60 years old so fast?
Wasn't it only yesterday . . .
. . . I watched in disbelief as you and Bobby Elliff, Mark Hanna and Glen Plowman messed around in the back row of Children's Church at Lakewood First Baptist?
. . . I saw you drive up to volleyball in your sporty white MGB-GT, with leather interior?
. . . You literally swept me off my feet (quite another story) on our first date at the Hollywood Bowl?
. . . You sent me 2 dozen red roses, paid for a window table at the Gate of Spain Restaurant on Santa Monica Bay to ask me to marry you?
But in reality, you were born in the first half of the last century, and that was six decades ago!

We have been together almost 40 years ~ 4 years of dating at Biola, and 35 years as husband and wife this coming July. We have enjoyed sunny times and weathered many storms.
Happy 60th Birthday!
I love you.
I cannot imagine how my future would ever have been
so redeemed without you by my side.

Come and grow old with me . . . the best is yet to come.
Robert Browning

1 comment:

Tamara B said...

How precious!

Happy Birthday Tony! I'd never seen a picture of you as a little boy before and it was a fun reminder of a special friend of mine who apparently looks just like his daddy!